[rabbitmq-discuss] Queue declare doesn't return

Michael Journo gobadiah at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:26:42 BST 2013

Hello,

I've came across a problem, but unfortunately I have very little
information about it.

I use rabbitmq 2.8.4, along with clients such as pika (python side) and
SimpleAmqpClient (c++ side). This issue was experienced in both those
clients.

What happened is simply that DeclareQueue or queue_declare wouldn't return
at all (I mean being blocked for *days*).

When the incident started, I get a lot of

=WARNING REPORT==== 18-May-2013::03:09:18 ===

closing AMQP connection <0.3256.1697> (127.0.0.1:46099 -> 127.0.0.1:5672):

connection_closed_abruptly

in the rabbitmq log, but nothing more.

I fixed this by … restarting rabbitmq, but I'm kind of worry because I
don't know how to detect this problem again (building a timeout mechanism
on top of the clients is just not ok).

If anyone has any idea about what could cause this, it would be greatly
appreciated.

--
michael