[rabbitmq-discuss] Someone else with a nodedown error

Eric Berg eric.berg at pardot.com
Fri May 17 16:05:27 BST 2013

Thanks Tim, I will send you a link to the log files privately. We do have
mirrored queues, we setup an HA policy to mirror all queues to exactly 2
nodes of the 4, as of yet we have not made use of any synchronization
policy.

We start all rabbit nodes via:

sudo /etc/init.d/rabbit-server start

We do have chef managing this server and has since caused a restart on 2 of
our 4 nodes, it is now temporarily disabled. I will send you the log files
for all 4 nodes dating back several days. One thing I did notice in the log
file for 3 of the 4 nodes:

=ERROR REPORT==== 16-May-2013::23:27:20 ===
connection <0.25853.253>, channel 1 - soft error:
{amqp_error,not_found,
            "home node 'rabbit at rabbit-box' of durable queue 'my.queue.name'
in vhost '/' is down or inaccessible",
            'queue.declare'}

When looking at the log files you will notice many entries like:

=INFO REPORT==== 17-May-2013::09:15:42 ===
accepting AMQP connection <0.5117.0> (IP:55913 -> IP:5672)

=WARNING REPORT==== 17-May-2013::09:15:42 ===
closing AMQP connection <0.5117.0> (IP:55913 -> IP:5672):
connection_closed_abruptly

Those are our load balancers checking the node health, sorry for the log
spam.