[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory grows very fast

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 16 19:43:57 BST 2013

On 16/05/13 12:28, rabbit666 wrote:
> it seems that multicastmain and our test are different. as i suppose the mm
> load broker exactly by 600000 messages. our test produce 600000 as a result
> of differences beetwen producers and cosumers.
>
> our scenario assumes that for 32 queues 6*32 producers and 32 consumers.
> producers produce more message that cosumers cosnsume.

So if I understand you correctly, you have 32 queues with six producers
and one consumer each, and the 600k enqueued messages arise from the
fact that consumers cannot keep up with producers?

Is it possible that a lot more messages (e.g. a few million) were
enqueued at some point prior to settling on the 600k figure?

What else is going on in your system? The 'rabbitmqctl status' showed
486 sockets in use, so clearly there must be more than 6*32+32=224
connections.

Please post the output of 'rabbitmqctl report' while the system is using
a lot of memory.

Matthias.