[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem when running second consumer

Balachandar R.A. balachandar.ra at gmail.com
Thu May 16 10:25:25 BST 2013

I am able to do the following

telnet ip-of-server 15672

And I could connect to server from my consumer

I installed the server from debian repo. I did sudo apt-get install
rabbitmq..

I did not do any other config and started testing the code.

My code portion is below

ConnectionFactory factory = new ConnectionFactory();
    factory.setHost("40.221.94.235");
    Connection connection = factory.newConnection();
    Channel channel = connection.createChannel();

    channel.queueDeclare("Q", false, false, false, null);
    System.out.println(" [*] Waiting for messages. To exit press CTRL+C");
QueueingConsumer consumer = new QueueingConsumer(channel);
    channel.basicConsume("task_queue", true, consumer);

    while (true) {
      QueueingConsumer.Delivery delivery = consumer.nextDelivery();
      String message = new String(delivery.getBody());
      System.out.println(" [x] Received '" + message + "'");
    }

With thanks and regards
Balachandar