[rabbitmq-discuss] Workflow for optional data in HTTP server process?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Wed May 15 15:37:41 BST 2013

2013/5/13 François Beausoleil <francois at teksol.info>

> When the request hits the web server process, is it expected that it would
> open a channel, create a server-named queue and send the request, with
> reply-to set to the queue?

It doesn't have to open a new channel but it is fine if you do so (opening
a channel is a network roundtrip with a tiny payload).

Your thinking is basically correct. You can combine Ruby's Timeout and
while !(r = queue.get)
to get a response back in under N milliseconds.

This won't be a particularly efficient combination because Timeout starts a
new thread for every Timeout.timeout
call but there are no other straightforward options with Rails/Sinatra and
Bunny.

I'm not sure I understand the "optional data" part. Could you elaborate?
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin