[rabbitmq-discuss] Resource alarms in 3.1 seems to block operations other than basic.publish

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Mon May 13 18:53:48 BST 2013

2013/5/13 Tim Watson <tim at rabbitmq.com>

> So what am I doing wrong here?

I don't set the watermark really low. Instead, I publish a lot of 2-16 MB
messages until the regular 40%
watermark is hit (so, a few hundreds megs total).

Then Rabbit basically stops deliveries and as I restart apps, connections
take a really long time (up to 2 minutes).
That said, the entire OS responsiveness is terrible.

Purging the queue helps with new connections but messages are still not
delivered to the consumer when I restart
the producer.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin