[rabbitmq-discuss] MySQL UDF or Storage Engine for RabbitMQ

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu May 9 12:42:42 BST 2013

Hi,

On 2 May 2013, at 16:44, Nikola wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is some work being done on MySQL User Defined Function (UDF) or AMQP/RabbitMQ specific Storage Engine for MySQL, which would enable direct integration between MySQL and RabbitMQ.

I'm not aware of any active work on a UDF for sending AMQP messages from within MySQL. Some early work was done on using MySQL as a message store, but it was never brought to completion.

> I assume that simplest way to do that would be to have UDF. Better way might be to have specific MySQL Storage Engine, like Sphinx has. Gearman has UDF available.

I'm afraid I know very little about MySQL user defined functions, but I suspect that this would be possible using a mechanism similar to the one applied for integrating Gearman.

Cheers,
Tim