[rabbitmq-discuss] topic for rabbitmq

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed May 8 11:22:05 BST 2013

The RabbitMQ model is that if a consumer wants its own copy of a message
it should declare its own queues. Queues are fairly lightweight objects.

RabbitMQ will ensure that if there are multiple copies of messages in
the broker, only one message body will exist in memory or on disc at any
time.

So when you say "which effects the performance", what performance issue
do you have?

Cheers, Simon

On 07/05/13 12:39, yaLong Chen wrote:
> Hi,all,
>
>    Background: now client produces many messages of different
> labels.Consumers may subscribe some labels of them(different consumer
> need different labels's msgs).
>    Now method: I used direct exchange in *rabbitmq*, consumer declared
> queue for itself, exchange distribute msgs to these queues.
>    Problem: there exsit many redundant msgs in queues which effects the
> performance.
>
>    A topic type in *activemq* supports user a method to distribute a msg
> to many subscribers, which need not creates large number queues for
> subscribers.
> Does exsit a method in rabbitmq, or some suggestions to solve the problem?
>

> Thanks,
> Yalong

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal