[rabbitmq-discuss] What does connection_closed_abruptly mean in log files?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Mon May 6 16:52:57 BST 2013

2013/5/6 Sam Roberts <vieuxtech at gmail.com>

> I thought I'd ask again, since we're completely mystified, under what
> conditions does rabbit log connection_closed_abruptly?
>
> Does it mean that its doing this to the client, does it mean it
> doesn't think the client did a clean close? Are there any docs for
> this, anywhere?

It means that the client did not go through the proper connection
termination
process and instead just closed the underlying TCP connection.

It is harmless and very common e.g. in unit tests, where it may be hard
to track down every single connection at close it properly at the end.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin
http://twitter.com/michaelklishin