[rabbitmq-discuss] After server notifies of canceled consume, it doesn't acknowledge a channel close

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu May 2 06:16:40 BST 2013

2013/5/2 Chip Salzenberg <rev.chip at gmail.com>

> The decision to close the channel is for symmetry with the "consume"
> method, which closes the channel if it fails.

When basic.consume fails, it is because you try to consume from a queue
that does not exist or the queue is exclusive
and owned by another connection. This raises a channel exception and that
causes the channel to be closed.

This is not specific to basic.consume but all channel exceptions. I
personally don't think making cancellation notifications
close a channel improves consistency. I'm not aware of other clients doing
this.
--
MK

http://github.com/michaelklishin