[rabbitmq-discuss] another question on cookies version 3.0.4
srd at duneram.com
Wed May 1 14:15:01 BST 2013
If I start the server with
rabbitmq-server -setcookie vanilla
I find myself unable to stop the server with rabbitmqctl stop_app
I can't seem to pass the cookie value to rabbitmqctl so when it later tries to talk to it perhaps via
it will tell me it cannot communicate with the server .
However if I start the server with no cookie (rabbitmq-server) , then I can do a rabbitmqctl status
so my questions are:
1) How does one normally start the server?
2) my reason for wanting to do cookies is I wanted to setup a multi node cluster (different servers)
If I start a server (no parameters) on each server the cookie hash is different.
3) I have looked at the clustering guide but haven't succeeded in a setup using it. How does one normally synchronize the cookies across servers?
4) where is the cookie file stored? I found one on the rabbitmq user's root directory. Is that where it is stored?
5) If I have to set a cookie value, is there a config file where it can be set (or env variable?) and what is the syntax to set it?
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss