[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuring RabbitMQ to support change in hostname

Kapil Goyal goyalk at vmware.com
Fri Mar 29 23:18:20 GMT 2013

Thanks Dushin. Setting NODENAME to rabbit at localhost in rabbitmq-env.conf
seems to work. But, if I were to later implement clustering/federation of
multiple such servers, each having rabbit at localhost as the node-name won't
work. I am thinking of solving it by replacing rabbit at localhost with
rabbit@<random string> before RabbitMQ starts for the first time. Does
<random string> have to be DNS resolvable?