[rabbitmq-discuss] Configuring RabbitMQ to support change in hostname

Kapil Goyal goyalk at vmware.com
Thu Mar 28 20:53:59 GMT 2013

RabbitMQ creates a new database if hostname is changed (as documented at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ec2.html).

I need to support the hostname change on my RabbitMQ server without
impacting its functioning. Can I accomplish this by setting the NODENAME
environment variable in rabbitmq-env.conf. It seems from rabbitmq-server
script that names of database, logs etc. try to use this variable before
resorting to using hostname. Is this the right approach? Are there any
side-effects to look out for?

Thanks

Kapil Goyal

Sr. MTS