[rabbitmq-discuss] Bring cluster up after node crash

Tim Watson watson.timothy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 12:37:00 GMT 2013

Hi

On 23 Mar 2013, at 03:01, carlhoerberg <carl.hoerberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> RabbitMQ 3.0.4, Erlang R14B04. Ubuntu 12.04, installed with apt-get install
> from your ppa, nothing custom at all.

I would strongly advise you to upgrade to the latest erlang if possible. Many very important bug fixed have been incorporated since R14B.

> I had no problems with file corruption as far as i know.

[snip]
> Yes, I was "killing" the nodes, with kill -9

You shouldn't (have to) be doing that, obviously. It's possible (though somewhat unlikely) that a brutal kill might've let your file system in an inconsistent state.

> No, haven't touched the backing queue or anything like that.

Is there anything else in the logs you can give us to go on?