[rabbitmq-discuss] Increasing sending/receiving speed

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 22 13:07:56 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 22/03/13 08:28, Михаил Вячеславович wrote:
> I run RabbitMQ on my local machine and the consumer receives messages
> with the speed about 2500 messages per second. Is there the way to do it
> faster?

If messages are being published in persistent mode then turning that off
may help performance.

Setting a higher QoS value may improve throughput.

If the bottleneck is in the producer, due to use of transactions or
publishing synchronously, then fixing that will help.

Using auto-acks or acknowledging larger batches of messages will improve
throughput.

Batching lots of messages together and sending them as a single message
may help throughput, assuming you count the constituent messages.

You are likely to see higher throughput if you use more than one queue,
though that sacrifices message ordering, and complicates publishing as
well as consuming.

-Emile