[rabbitmq-discuss] Unacked messages going back in the queue

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 22 10:54:36 GMT 2013

Hi Pierpaolo!

On 03/22/2013 08:11 AM, Tim Watson wrote:
> If the channel is disappearing (because rabbit considers the connection to have dropped) then I would suggest configuring heartbeats in your client too ensure the connection stays alive.

Someone just kindly pointed out that you're using 3.0.4 - which means my
advice isn't all that helpful as the server will negotiate heartbeats
with the client by default (and pika has support for heartbeats). So my
suspicion, is that if un-acked messages are disappearing and the client
has not rejected them, that the connection must have been
disrupted somehow (network failure, packet loss, ?) causing the broker
to re-queue them, or the consumer must have crashed or a channel error
generated. Is there anything in the logs to indicate what might be
happening?

Cheers,
Tim