[rabbitmq-discuss] Unacked messages going back in the queue

Pierpaolo Baccichet pierpaolo at dropbox.com
Fri Mar 22 03:36:00 GMT 2013

Hello everybody,

I am using rabbitMQ 3.0.4 clustered and a replicated queue in memory. I
connect one consumer (using pika) in acked mode. The worker fetches the
message and processes it for very long time directly on the pika thread.

After some time, I see the message going back in ready state and the
consumer disappear from the queue in the rabbit console. I am assuming this
is due to the consumer not sending some kind of keepalive message back to
rabbit to maintain the channel in healthy state.

Is there anything I can do to change the TTL?

Best, Pierpaolo