[rabbitmq-discuss] Why ack rates don't show in RabbitMQ management?

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 21 13:16:56 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 20 Mar 2013, at 08:25, Chen ZHONG wrote:
> I have some consumers to consume a queue. All of them are set "Ack required" in programming code.
>
> This problem doesn't happen in other queue, other same code consumer. Only here.

If you've set no-ack=true, then consumers have to ACK messages explicitly. If you're consuming with basic.get, you can set auto-ack, but otherwise it's up to you to send acknowledgements. Are you sure that your consumers are sending acknowledgements but the rates are not showing up? Could it be that you have consumers which are failing to act on basic.cancel after an HA master fails over to another node perhaps? Or could it be that you're setting the prefetch count with basic.qos so that multiple un-acked messages are being delivered to consumers?

Cheers,
Tim