[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashes just after start...

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 20 13:55:47 GMT 2013

Hi,

On 20/03/13 12:14, David Buckingham wrote:
> I spent yesterday comparing those VMs in question with a good
> installation in the lab.  All 3 were identically configured.  As a
> matter of fact, all 3 were built from the same initial VM image.

I can confirm that the RabbitMQ service installation and startup
proceeds normally when installed to a VHD drive, even when the backing
file resides on a network drive.

The problem you report probably relates to logging. If the log handler
fails for any reason then the boot process halts very early. Can you try
to change the logging behaviour by changing the lines in the
rabbit-service.bat that read

-rabbit error_logger {file,\""!LOGS:\=/!"\"} ^
-rabbit sasl_error_logger {file,\""!SASL_LOGS:\=/!"\"} ^

to read

-rabbit error_logger false ^
-rabbit sasl_error_logger false ^

instead and see if that makes any difference?

-Emile