[rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling Throughput with Highly Available Queues

Cordell, Ron Ron.Cordell at RelayHealth.com
Tue Mar 19 22:48:23 GMT 2013

Sorry for jumping in here, but I'm a little confused on how to scale throughput in the HA scenario. If I assume that all queue are mirrored queues on a single cluster then what are my options to adding more throughput should I need to?

From: rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com [mailto:rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com] On Behalf Of Richard Raseley
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:36 PM
To: Discussions about RabbitMQ
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Scaling Throughput with Highly Available Queues

Matthias,

I am glad that you were able to anticipate where I was heading - that means I am not completely insane (at least as it relates to this). =]

Yes, I understand that they are actually two separate queues (I am treating them as one logical one for purposes of discussion). In this case the lack of order preservation and visibility from one cluster to the other isn't an issue for us. We decided not to go with two queues for the transparency reasons you mentioned.

Thanks so much for your time today.

Regards,

Richard