[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ crashes just after start...

David Buckingham David.Buckingham at cbeyond.net
Tue Mar 19 15:25:42 GMT 2013

I am trying to install RabbitMQ on a new server in our lab environment.  Here are the specs:

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, SP1
Erlang R15B01
RabbitMQ v2.8.4

I have installed both Erlang and RabbitMQ to a non-system drive (i.e., not C:\).  I have the identical versions and configurations running on other machines in our lab, and in production.

Whenever I try to start the RabbitMQ service, it crashes immediately.  The contents of the RabbitMQ.debug file are below:

{"Kernel pid terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,os_mon,{shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

Crash dump was written to: M:/Program Files (x86)/RabbitMQ Server/RabbitMQ/erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller) ({application_start_failure,os_mon,{shutdown,{os_mon,start,[normal,[]]}}})

(I have set the RABBITMQ_BASE environment variable to M:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\RabbitMQ.)

I have also attached the erl_crash.dump file.  I am not familiar with Erlang, so I'm not sure what it tells me.  The RabbitMQ log files appear to duplicate the info in the debug file, but I can forward those along as well, if they can offer any more help.

When I try to run the broker separately (rabbitmq-server.bat), it too crashes with the same information as the debug file.

I am trying to install 3 servers total.  On 1 server, the installation/configuration works perfectly.  On the other 2 servers, however, RabbitMQ crashes.

Any ideas?

Thank you so much!