[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0, SSL and rc4

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 19 10:02:48 GMT 2013

On 19/03/13 07:30, carlhoerberg wrote:
> The trace log is sent. The weird thing is that the problem with memory
> explosion didn't occur when connecting through the trace proxy!

Cheers.

Looking at the trace, we can see that there are two connections with one
channel each that create *lots* of consumers, all on the same two
queues. More than 20,000 consumers in ~15 minutes.

These consumers are never cancelled; the client just keeps creating more
and more of them.

You should be able to confirm this by looking at the consumer count in
the management UI overview.

This looks like a bug in the application or client library, and explains
why rabbit is consuming increasing amounts of memory, since each of
these consumers requires some bookkeeping.

Regards,

Matthias.