[rabbitmq-discuss] Memory usage and total allowed connections

Prabodh Upreti prabodh.upreti at vce.com
Mon Mar 18 20:25:13 GMT 2013

Hello

I have a system with 8G RAM.  I have set the vm_memory_high_watermark to .1
hence around 800K mem to play with I believe.

I am getting questioned how many concurrent connections can I support in
this environment.  I am going with the assumption that each connected user
is only going to create a single temporary queue. I believe the overhead for
a temporary queue is 4k.  There is very little events flowing through the
system.  What would be a reasonable number to say for total number of  users
that can be support in this environment?  I know there are various factors
and accurate answer is not possible.  Maybe 100 users?  I would appreciate
your input. Thank you.

Regards