[rabbitmq-discuss] basic.qos prefetch across multiple queues - useful?

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 18 18:30:29 GMT 2013

Is anybody setting a basic.qos prefetch limit on channels with consumers
on multiple queues?

If so, are you relying on the fact that the prefetch limit applies
*across* queues rather than *per* queue?

That feature entails considerable implementation complexity and has a
substantial performance impact on consuming from basic.qos-limited
channels in general. And I've just found a bug in that area of the code,
fixing of which will make the implementation even more complex and hurt
performance even more.

Hence I am trying to gauge people's opinion on whether we could make the
prefetch limit apply per-queue instead.

Regards,

Matthias.