[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ not binding on anything

pejot pjasiulewicz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:18:09 GMT 2013

Hi,

having a problem with RabbitMQ on amazon. I'm trying to make it listen on
all external interfaces (which seams not to work by default neither on
amazon or my local machine, but bound to network interface IP).
I'm running it on Ubuntu. the problem is, the managemenet console on :55672
seams to be thinking, that rabbitmq is listening on

amqp
::5672
but when I do >netstat -a | grep LISTEN

there is nothing listening on 5672.

Tried to set the rabbitmq-env.conf, which has (that's the whole config)
RABBITMQ_NODE_PORT=5672
RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS=[tried: interface IP, private dns, public dns]

nothing seams to work, some advice would be highly appreciated.

best,
pejot