[rabbitmq-discuss] Confirm consistent hash exchange behavior

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 18 10:20:25 GMT 2013

Thanks for explaining your use case!

Of course, the whole point of the hashing part of the CHX is to ensure
that the broker does not need to maintain a routing key -> queue
mapping. It sounds like your case would require that. Which is not an
inconceivable thing to do, but it would mean we would need to think
about how that mapping can be prevented from constituting a memory leak.

I assume that you see new GUIDs quite frequently; is there a point at
which you know you won't see a certain GUID again? Or can you say
something like "if I haven't seen a certain GUID for 5 min, we can
forget about it?"

Cheers, Simon