[rabbitmq-discuss] Overriding rabbit_auth_mechanism_plain

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:06:58 GMT 2013

On Wednesday, 13 March 2013 at 13:01, Simon MacMullen wrote:

> Hmm, I don't think we really imagined people would be overriding what
> existing mechanisms did, we mainly thought people might write new ones.
>
> But I don't think what you're doing is too evil.

Yes, it does feel a bit strange to want to override an existing mechanism. However, I'd like the SASL handling to be transparent to clients so ideally I need to replace the default handler for SASL/PLAIN.

So given that it doesn't sound too evil, I think I'll proceed with this for now.

Thanks for the review,

Ben