[rabbitmq-discuss] HiPE compilation error with rabbitmq 3.1.3 and erlang R16B01: Cannot find ssl_record.beam file.

Thomas Riccardi riccardi at systran.fr
Thu Jun 27 13:39:55 BST 2013

On jeu., 2013-06-27 at 14:28 +0200, Jesper Louis Andersen wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Thomas Riccardi <riccardi at systran.fr>
> wrote:
>         Since the release of erlang R16B01 the rabbitmq HiPE
>         compilation is
>         broken:
>         <HiPE (v 3.10.2)> Error: [hipe:417]: Cannot find
>         ssl_record.beam file.
>         <HiPE (v 3.10.2)> Error: [hipe:417]: Cannot find
>         ssl_connection.beam
>         file.
>
> Have you measured wether or not HiPE gives a performance boost in
> RabbitMQ? Chances are that performance will actually suffer, unless
> you have compiled all of your stdlib in Erlang/OTP with HiPE as well.
>

> If it *does* give a performance boost, I am interested in as to why as
> well :)
>

> --
> J.

I tested with sh ./runjava.sh com.rabbitmq.examples.MulticastMain -z 30
(on a c1.xlarge amazon aws machine)

* With HiPE:
sending rate avg: 18613 msg/s
recving rate avg: 17703 msg/s
* Without HiPE:
sending rate avg: 14018 msg/s
recving rate avg: 12995 msg/s

So the performance gain is here with the official esl-erlang.deb.