[rabbitmq-discuss] PHP AMQP Extension Connection Timeout

Umutcan umutcan at gamegos.com
Thu Jun 20 13:24:24 BST 2013

Hi,

I am using AMQP extension of PHP in order to publish messages. I want my
application to run whether it publish messages or not. So it must not
wait too long to send messages to RabbitMQ server. setTimeout() method
is working fine when server is running even if any of the alarms is
true. But, it is not working if RabbitMQ server is stopped. Publisher
can connect to the machine that hosts the server due to security
settings,  but connection hangs for a long time until it throws an
exception which gives an socket error message.

How can I solve this problem? Is there any idea?

Umutcan Onal