[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to connect from public IP address

Joe7pack joe at javaranch.com
Wed Jun 12 16:29:06 BST 2013

I installed RabbitMQ on my Windows 7 system and it runs fine. I have a Java
RabbitMQ client running on the same server that also works fine when I
connect to my RabbitMQ server using my local IP address, 192.168.1.100. I
have a static IP assigned to me by my ISP and all ports are opened, they
tell me. If I do a telnet to 192.168.1.100 5672, I can see that my RabbitMQ
is listening there but if I telnet using my static public IP address and
port 5672, I get a message back from Telnet stating "Could not open
connection to the host, on port 5672: Connect failed.  I have a router that
forwards port 5672 to 192.168.1.100 and I don't believe there are any
firewalls in place that would block port 5672. Any idea what I'm missing?
TIA, Joe