[rabbitmq-discuss] configure maxlength feature in 3.1.1

cogitate monish.unni at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 02:51:00 BST 2013

hi mathias:
thank you for adding this feature to 3.1.1 we were desperately in need of
this.
earlier, we were making sync operations like queueDeclarePassive to figure
queue-length.

however, according to doc : http://www.rabbitmq.com/maxlength.html
" Messages will be dropped or dead-lettered from the front of the queue to
make room for new messages once the limit is reached " and on testing find
this to be as documented (certified :) )

and, we'd like to reject any new messages, rather than drop off messages
that are sitting in front of the queue.

is this configurable? if not, what are our alternatives?

thank you much,
-cogitate