[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to compile C Client for windows

Udi Ben Senior udibensenior at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 11:02:00 BST 2013

Hi,

I've been trying to build the c/c++ client library for windows but didn't
succeed although following your instructions (see error below after running
'bash-3.1$ etc/build-ms.sh').

I was wondering maybe you can help me with a compiled client version for
windows. (i.e. lib, dll, h - for 32/64 bit)

Thanks,

Udi

Result of running  'bash-3.1$ etc/build-ms.sh':

checking whether to build static libraries... no

checking for cl.exe option to accept ISO C99... unsupported

checking for inline... __inline

checking if compiler accepts '-Wall'... yes

checking if compiler accepts '-Wextra'... no

checking if compiler accepts '-pedantic'... yes

checking if compiler accepts '-Wstrict-prototypes'... no

checking if compiler accepts '-Wcast-align'... no

checking if compiler accepts '-fno-common'... yes

checking if compiler accepts '-fvisibility=hidden'... yes

checking if linker accepts '-no-undefined'... yes

checking for library containing getaddrinfo... no

checking for socket in -lgetaddrinfo... no

configure: error: cannot find name resolution library (library with
getaddrinfo

symbol)

bash-3.1$