[rabbitmq-discuss] Unable to start RabbitMQ

Lee Sylvester lee.sylvester at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 02:05:38 BST 2013

Hey guys,

So, I'm setting up a new server for testing.  I've everything I need installed except RabbitMQ.  When starting RabbitMQ, I get this output:

nodes in question: [rabbit at loadtestprimary]

hosts, their running nodes and ports:
- unable to connect to epmd on loadtestprimary: address (cannot connect to host/port)

current node details:
- node name: rabbitmqctl31053 at loadtestprimary
- home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq
- cookie hash: KZPKpbSgtTz2dtPVpEXknw==

Does anyone have any idea's as to what I need to do to get RabbitMQ to connect and run?

Thanks,
Lee