[rabbitmq-discuss] Acknowledging messages across the federation

Pete Emerson pete at theemersons.org
Wed Jun 5 21:03:26 BST 2013

I've got a federation consisting of two 2-node clusters, with federation
going in both directions.

I took the worker tutorial
( http://www.rabbitmq.com/tutorials/tutorial-two-python.html ) example and
modified it to talk on a specific exchange, and the exchange type is
'direct'.

When I send a message to my federated exchange, two workers (one in each
cluster) gets the message.

What do I need to do in order to have only one worker get the message,
instead of one per federation?

I thought that the acknowledgement

    ch.basic_ack(delivery_tag = method.delivery_tag)

would go across the federation, but I seem to have done something wrong,
either in configuration or code, and I have no idea which.

Thanks for help shedding light on the error of my ways!

In case full code is useful:

My complete new_task.py: http://pastebin.com/8WEhTTwV
My worker.py: http://pastebin.com/JbcsqSfm