[rabbitmq-discuss] Running RPC across two separate Virtual Machines?

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 5 11:34:38 BST 2013

On 05/06/13 10:46, saikrishna sripada wrote:
> Hope your problem is solved. can you please send me the steps ho you
> have set up your rabbitmq and how you are able to communicate between vms.

The key point was the the VM hosting the broker must be able to accept
connections. NAT won't work. The VM(s) hosting the RPC scripts can use NAT.

I don't think the following question appeared on the mailing list:

> On Saturday, 9 March 2013 01:36:43 UTC+5:30, Eric Sender wrote:
>     Is there a tutorial on how to set up the networking properly so
>     RabbitMQ can talk outside of its VM?

There may well be tutorials for setting up networking on your choice of
hypervisor, but this is not a RabbitMQ-specific topic.

>     Also, when you say "broker" you mean "server" right? Only one of the
>     VMs needs to run the rpc_server.py script?

"RPC Server" and "broker" are not the same thing. The RPC client and RPC
server communicate with the help of the broker. The tutorial requires
only one instance of the RPC server script to be running.

-Emile