[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.1.0 HTTP API rates are always zero
dburgan at peopleanswers.com
Sat Jun 1 23:20:19 BST 2013
First let me say I absolutely love RabbitMQ. Fabulous uptime and
zero-headaches. I don't even worry about it every going down, it is so
stable. An outstanding product.
I'm sure I'm doing something totally dumb, but I've tried everything I can
think of and I am stumped. I am trying to use the HTTP API to do external
monitoring of my RabbitMQ instances from Nagios. I discovered the HTTP API,
which is awesome. The only trouble is that no matter what query I run via
the HTTP API, the rates always come back as 0.0. For example:
This URL yields the following JSON:
Note that the rate is 0.0. This is on a production server that is processing between 100 and 1000 messages per second. Same for this URL:
I've verified that statistics are being gathered fine-grained.
Just for my own sanity management, I've attached a snippet of the management console from the same server that shows these rates are much higher than zero:
So I am stumped. I really want to run an HTTP API query that returns the "651" and "662" shown in the above image, but I cannot find it anywhere in the JSON the HTTP API returns. I have looked at the results for the following API calls to no avail:
Thanks so much in advance!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rabbitmq-discuss