[rabbitmq-discuss] Message sending/receiving overhead.

Pavel Kogan pavel.kogan at cortica.com
Wed Jul 31 23:16:38 BST 2013

Hi all,

I have simple subscriber that receives message, process it in single thread
and publish response.
Processing must be done in single thread (logic limitations) but is very
fast (~5ms) so I expect to be able to process 200 requests per second.
However publishing response in line with processing slows the things as
network latency is considerable (even though it is internal 1Gbit network).
To resolve it I moved responses publishing to separate threads (via
internal concurrent queue) and it helped.
The question is about receiving overhead. Is there any pre-caching of
messages or I should also integrate internal concurrent queue for requests
too?

Many Thanks,
   Pavel