[rabbitmq-discuss] Large Message Support / Stability

François Beausoleil francois at teksol.info
Tue Jul 30 21:35:36 BST 2013

Le 2013-07-30 à 16:25, Alexander Schatten a écrit :

> thanks for that comment: but this is just one 25MB message every 5 min. I am rather worried what happens if a larger number of such messages hit the broker in a shorter period of time; this could potentially lead to out of memory issues on the broker side?
>
> Also: do you have persistent queues?

No, I use auto delete queues for that. Remember that RabbitMQ will move messages outside RAM to alleviate it's pain. I've found http://www.rabbitmq.com/memory-use.html but it's not the page I was looking for. I believe it is documented somewhere that messages are moved to disk when memory pressure exceeds a certain threshold.

Bye,
François