[rabbitmq-discuss] Trouble with confirms

Tom Anderson tom.anderson at timgroup.com
Mon Jul 29 13:30:43 BST 2013

On 26/07/13 23:32, Matthias Radestock wrote:
> Tom,
>
> On 26/07/13 18:29, Tom Anderson wrote:
>> "The broker will confirm messages once:
>> [...]
>> * a transient message has reached all its queues
>> [...]
>> So, if i send a persistent message (delivery mode = 2) to a non-durable
>> exchange which routes to a non-durable queue, then i will only get a
>> confirmation once the message has been consumed from that queue, right?
>
> Wrong. The behaviour is described in the snippet you quoted above,
> i.e. the message gets confirmed once it has reached all the queues it
> was routed to.

Okay. Just to clarify: the bit of the snippet i quoted that you quoted
says "a transient message". I understood that as specifically referring
to transient messages, not persistent ones, ie those sent with delivery
mode 1 rather than 2. I was asking about persistent messages. Are you
telling me that the behaviour for persistent messages is actually the
same as that specified for transient messages?

Thanks,
tom

--

Tom Anderson | Developer | +44 20 7826 4312 | timgroup.com
<http://timgroup.com/>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY: The information contained in this
electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify Tom Anderson at TIM Group at tom.anderson at timgroup.com and

TIM Group is the trading name for YouDevise Limited. YouDevise Limited
is registered in England, No. 3331176. Registered office: 3 Copthall
Avenue, London, EC2R 7BH.