[rabbitmq-discuss] flow control blocked producers vs consumers

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jul 26 12:43:20 BST 2013

Kobi Biton:

> I was under the impression that
> the consumers are blocked due to the fact that when rabbitmq starts to
> block producers due to flow rates

No, it does not. The ideas is to let consumers catch up and (hopefully) make alarms
clear by e.g. freeing RAM.

> looking at the logstash consumers
> logs I see errors connecting to the broker (connection reset by host)

Are you sure your Rabbit is not running out of file descriptors? That's one reason
why connections may be rejected.

Do you have log entries about alarms to post here?

Please check max file descriptors available with ulimit -n (you need to use the same
user rabbitmq runs under).
--
MK