[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hanging during 'rabbitmqctl stop' - please help

Casey Marshall casey.marshall at gazzang.com
Thu Jul 25 22:58:16 BST 2013

Is there more information I can give you about my problem? Some way to
prevent the rabbit hang on service restart, or get it unstuck? So far,
the only way to get past it is to kill the beam process. I can't imagine
that is good for the integrity of the service.

I'm relatively new to working with RabbitMQ. I've been developing with
it for a couple months now, but I've been diligently researching this
problem and making trial-and-error attempts at black-box solutions for
the last two weeks to no avail. I'm really stuck and getting desperate
to find a solution.

This problem is persistent enough that I don't think we'll be able to
deploy into production without some understanding of the root cause and
a workaround.

I know this an open-source project, and I don't feel entitled to any
sort of timely response, but if this isn't the place to get help, where
else I should I look?

-Casey