[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP protocol issues - transactions

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Jul 25 10:07:08 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 20:35, Lauer, Robert (RIS-PHL) wrote:
> While trying to send transactions to a destination we noticed the following:
>
>  1. instead of RECEIPT frame being returned we are getting a MESSAGE frame

You should expect a RECEIPT after the server successfully processes a
client frame that requests a receipt. Check whether you are requesting a
receipt correctly.

MESSAGE frames are used to convey messages from subscriptions to the
client. You should only get this if you have an active subscription.

If you have found a sequence of frames where MESSAGE and RECEIPT get
mixed up (whether in the presence of transactions or otherwise) then
please supply a transcript.

>  2. instead of a header with 'receipt-id', we get a header with 'receipt'

The source code suggests otherwise:
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-stomp/file/ecf3243f806a/src/rabbit_stomp_processor.erl#l757

Please post a transcript that demonstrates the problem.

> In reading the 1.2 protocol this behavior appears to be incorrect.  Are
> we seeing 1.1 behavior? or is something busted?
The RabbitMQ STOMP implementation claims support for STOMP 1.0, 1.1 and
1.2. For exceptions see http://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html#pear
Clients select the protocol version using the CONNECT frame.

-Emile