[rabbitmq-discuss] Question abt Federation over virtual hosts on different nodes

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 24 12:37:54 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 05:35, Van Thoai Nguyen wrote:
> Apparently, the virtual host UAT on RabbitA does not exist. If I create
> that virtual host on RabbitA, the connection will be fine but that's not
> what i'm expected.
> I want the client to publish msgs to to exchange "amq.direct" on virtual
> host / on UAT on RabbitA. Is there anyway to do that?

I'm not sure what you mean by "on virtual host / on UAT on RabbitA".

Are you trying to get the exchange "amq.direct" in "UAT" on RabbitB to
have as an upstream the exchange "amq.direct" in "/" on RabbitA?

In that case you need the URI to be "amqp://RabbitA/%2f" - you need to
explicitly supply a vhost in the URI. "amqp://RabbitA" means "connect to
RabbitA, using the same vhost for the upstream as you are connecting from".

Does that make sense?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen