[rabbitmq-discuss] using rabbitmq for making a queue for update/insert queries of database

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Wed Jul 24 09:52:46 BST 2013

sachin goyal:

> I am using batch update for querying database. Now, I want a queuing solution like rabbitmq for this so that my thread can handle other requests coming while processing database update through queue??
> I am not able to find any suitable tutorials for this, please somebody help out.

This is often called "event sourcing" and is a common use case for messaging.

Start by taking a look at RabbitMQ tutorials:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/getstarted.html

in particular tutorials 2, 4 and 5.

Then make your publishers (e.g. a Web app) publish events when the data model changes
and consumers (workers) perform necessary DB updates.
--
MK