[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ QUEUE MESSAGES

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jul 24 09:26:00 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 08:51, rabbit15 wrote:
> Sorry, I don't have. If you need I will test it one more time. It was the
> same so I skip it.

Please post another pair of reports and associated graph. Sorry about that.

Also, I have just noticed something odd about the previous graph you
posted
(http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/RabbitMQ-QUEUE-MESSAGES-tp27737p28293.html):
the publish rate is displayed as 53.5kHz but the graph only shows around
~20kHz. So there is definitely something odd going on here.

I've also notices something else: the graph you previously posted
indicated an increasing number of unacknowledged messages. And the
recent reports show that too. The complexity of delivering messages to
consumers and of processing an acknowledgement is
O(log(number_of_unacknowledged_messages)). Since in your test the number
of unacknowledged messages rises over time, there will be a slow-down.
That doesn't explain the inflection in the graph though.

Matthias.