[rabbitmq-discuss] Question on Cluster Restart

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Tue Jul 23 19:58:52 BST 2013

In reading this page:

http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html

It seems that when shutting down a cluster for upgrade you must ensure that
the last node down is the first node up. However, in previous versions of
the documentation I recall this being a caveat for if and only if you had a
mix of disk and RAM nodes. Is this not the case anymore (we have all
disk-backed nodes).

Or alternately, I could be recalling incorrect information - I am just
looking for some confirmation either way.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Richard