[rabbitmq-discuss] How to get the list of messages from Queue without consuming the messages

Anton Sizov a.sysoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 09:43:12 BST 2013

Hi
I am not familiar with spring integration. Is it framework(or platform)
with RabbitMQ in backend?
I think that get messages using api without consuming is impossible. You
can check this at
http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v3_1_3/priv/www/api/index.html

> Get messages from a queue. (This is not an HTTP GET as it will alter the
> state of the queue.)

{"count":5,"requeue":true,"encoding":"auto","truncate":50000}

As you can see, http api also counsume and requeue messages.
The first solution to enable http management plugin and use its api. And
the second one to consume messages and then requeue them using ampq
protocol.
Consuming all messages from queue is not good solution, as queue size can
be huge.