[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ QUEUE MESSAGES

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Fri Jul 19 10:47:03 BST 2013

On 19/07/13 10:17, rabbit15 wrote:
> Hi, I made test with my buffer and without. Both was with watermark 100
> When I used my buffer and there wasn't queued messages there was speed about
> 150 mes/sec. When there wasn't my buffer I can show you how it was on the
> image.
> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n28196/RepoWithoutBuf.png>
> When there was buffer :
> <http://rabbitmq.1065348.n5.nabble.com/file/n28196/RepoBuf.png>

What happened to the consumers in the first graph?

Memory allocation takes time. When a queue has consumers that nearly
keep up, as in your second graph, then it grows very slowly and hence
the rate of memory allocation is low. Therefore such a queue may be able
to process publishes at a higher rate than an equivalent queue with
now/slower consumers.

Matthias.