[rabbitmq-discuss] Who can push to a queue?

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 16:12:13 BST 2013

2013/7/18 thadc <tclotworthy at bluestonelogic.com>

> These messages would either be to initiate a
> data-sending event (i.e., they are a data provider to me), or a
> data-receiving event (i.e., they would be receiving data from me, however
> they are initiating the request rather than monitoring a rabbitmq queue
> that
> I creating for a data-sending event I initiated).

You can expose a RabbitMQ node to external users but there are other
protocols
(supported by RabbitMQ) that fit the request/response model better.

Are there reasonable ways to support these use cases with rabbitmq, or
> should I be looking elsewhere?

You can take a look at STOMP [1] and MQTT [2] support in RabbitMQ.

1. https://www.rabbitmq.com/stomp.html
2. http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-mqtt/file/rabbitmq_v3_1_3/README.md
--
MK