[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 3.0.2 stops logging, but otherwise looks healthy?

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Tue Jul 16 19:05:31 BST 2013

This is admittedly a shot in the dark, and with limited repro details, but
asking if somebody else has seen this.

We run our clustered RabbitMQ 3.0.2 brokers in production without restarts
for months at a time. Everything is looking good - No memory leaks, no
out-of-disk-space, etc...

However, in looking at the rabbit@<node>.log and rabbit@<node>-sasl.log
files, I noticed that at some point (e.g. a month earlier), no new entries
were being added to the log file. Normally there's a steady stream of new
connections and connection drops.

I've listed the open file handles from the rabbitmq beam instance and I
still see live file handles for the log files.

Anybody have any idea what might be happening? And better still, how we
might kick things without restarting the broker?

Thanks,

Matt